Hemet Fall Spanish Class
Begins Sept 30th Our Lady of the Valley Catholic Church in Hemet
Information and registration contact: NAMI Mt San Jacinto Office at 951-692-8954 or email@example.com
- Hemet/San Jacinto Valley -Sept 30th 2017
- The class is a 12-week course
- To register for this class please sign up below
Family to Family Spanish class
What Is NAMI’s Family-To-Family Program?
- The NAMI Family-to-Family Education Program is a free, 12-week course for family caregivers of individuals with severe mental illnesses.
- The course is taught by trained family members
- All instruction and course materials are free to class participants
- Over 300,000 family members have graduated from this national program
- NAMI Family to Family is an Evidence Based Program based on a Maryland 4-year study led by National Institute of Mental Health and Psychologist Alicia Lucksted, Ph.D, and Psychiatrist Lisa Dixon, M.D.
What does the course include?
- Current information about schizophrenia, major depression, bipolar disorder (manic depression), panic disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, borderline personality disorder, and co-occurring brain disorders and addictive disorders
- Up-to-date information about medications, side effects, and strategies for medication adherence
- Current research related to the biology of brain disorders and the evidence-based, most effective treatments to promote recovery
- Gaining empathy by understanding the subjective, lived experience of a person with mental illness
- Learning in special workshops for problem solving, listening, and communication techniques
- Acquiring strategies for handling crises and relapse
- Focusing on care for the caregiver: coping with worry, stress, and emotional overload
- Guidance on locating appropriate supports and services within the community
- Information on advocacy initiatives designed to improve and expand services
“Family members who take the NAMI Family-to-Family course are better equipped to work with mental health clinicians in a collaborative manner. My bottom-line recommendation? Take this course. It will help you learn to cope successfully with a major challenge in your life, and that, in turn, will help your loved one as he or she works toward recovery.”
— Peter Weiden, M.D., author of Breakthroughs in Antipsychotic Medications