Monthly Education Group Meeting
- Meets the 4th Monday of the month.
- In May we meet on the 3rd Monday due to Memorial Day.
- We do not meet in August or November.
- In December we meet on the 1st Monday of the month.
- Join us at the Spirit of Joy Church 3126 W. Johnston Ave, Hemet, CA 92544 Call 951-765-1850 for more information.
NAMI FaithNet is a network composed of members and friends of NAMI. It was established for the purposes of:
- Facilitating the development within the faith community of a non-threatening, supportive environment for those with mental illness and their families
- Pointing out the value of one’s spirituality in the recovery process from mental illness and the need for spiritual strength for those who are caretakers.
- Educating clergy and faith communities concerning mental illness and
- Encouraging advocacy of the faith community to bring about hope and help for all who are affected by mental illness.
NAMI Hearts and Minds
The NAMI Hearts & Minds program is an online, interactive, educational initiative promoting the idea of wellness in both mind and body. Wellness is an ongoing process of learning how to make choices that support a more successful, healthy life.
Engaging in a wellness effort can make a huge difference in the quality of your life. One study, published in the Journal of the American Medical Association, showed that taking the wellness approach can result in a 17 percent decline in total medical visits and a 35 percent decline in medical visits for minor illnesses.
Wellness is about the individual; you can decide what parts of your life you would like to change and you can determine your own success.
The Stepping Up Initiative